Did you know that Belly Dancing was actually started for women in pregnancy and labor Centuries ago? There are several different types of belly dance but most of them involve doing slow, undulating and rolling motions, such as hip circles and figure-of-eight movements, which benefit both baby and mom.
Benefits of Belly Dance In Pregnancy:
• Strengthening pelvic and deep abdominal muscles and all those muscles specifically used for giving birth, thus facilitating the process of birth and of recovery.
• Great for relaxation and relieving stress.
• Encourages the baby into a forward (anterior) lying position; optimal position for labor and birth.
• Can move a posterior baby off your back.
• Improve self-confidence and positive body-image.
• Aid and encourage good posture.
• Help maintain general fitness.
• Promote good balance and co-ordination.
• Relieves pregnancy back pain.
• Improves abdominal control and awareness.
• Helps maintain pelvic floor tone and therefore reduces chances of uterine prolapse. in later life.
• Help you meet other expectant Moms.
Classes are in 1 hour sessions and run continual throughout the year on Wednesdays at 1 pm, starting September 20.
Event Timeslots (1)
STARTS September 20th! Did you know that Belly Dancing was actually started for women in pregnancy and labor Centuries ago? There are several different types of belly...